Saturday, December 01, 2007

Rethinking an old passion

A former student reminded me that the Juniper Tavern material could be reshaped for an unusual, entertaining holiday comedy. I've thought the same thing myself, the issue being whether to make it "a family film" as most are. This would cut the logger-soul out of the piece. So I don't want to go that way with it. However, I've thought of a new approach for an adult comedy and may pursue it after I finish the romantic thriller I'm working on now for my agent. The entire story strategy has to be different for film, and I feel like I'm getting a handle on a workable approach.

I don't know why I'm up at this hour. Need a few more hours sleep, and the Army-Navy game starts early, 9 a.m. Have pig's feet thawing for the blackeyed peas. A great day for cooking and games, a day off before I seriously hit my students' final projects on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday I pick up their finals. I hope to have my grades in next Friday. Then it's a month off until Winter term begins, a time filled with editing chores and writing projects.

The blogger I read most often is rebelling against the Internet. Nothing wrong with that. But what will I check up on every morning?

No comments: