Thursday, February 08, 2007

TGIF

This was a tough week, for some reason, and I'm glad it's over (the week being defined as my teaching duties). Next week we watch Sideways, so it should be an easier one. I did make some good progress on the novel this week. Story really cranking up now, at the moment (a true one) when all the linguists know is that the Russian army is heading for Berlin. Looks like an invasion. No one guessed it was to protect a bunch of bricklayers while they built a wall.

I'm so glad I finally got this material right. Some of my best personal experiences, in terms of dramatic storytelling potential, comes from the army but I never quite got the handle on it in earlier tries over the past forty years. So far it looks like I have the right take on the materially. We'll hope this notion lasts.

Old timey music

Lots of piano to practice tomorrow morning. Also going to haul out the banjo and put together songs for a CD of old timey stuff, to give to friends for Christmas.

Thursday is my Friday, and I'm glad it's here.

No comments: